first_imgWESTERN BUREAU:WITH the prospect of re-signing homegrown striker Craig Foster waning, Roshane Sharpe chose a fine time to remind the Reno coaching staff and faithful of his abilities when he scored an 80th-minute equaliser to save FC Reno another heartbreaking loss to Boys’ Town on Sunday.Lennox Cargill had given the travelling Boys’ Town a 17th-minute lead, but with the clock running down, Sharpe scored his fourth goal this season to force a crucial result, as Reno were facing a third loss in five matches.”This is still very much a work in progress,” admitted Graham. “Yes, we recognise that we need to fix some things. It’s not that the team is not playing according to how we want them. Against Boys’ Town, we played very well, but again failed to score the necessary goals to win the match.”He added: “I think we are going to get there shortly, because if we don’t have a ready-made centre forward, we have to make one, and that is why a player such as Roshane Sharpe is very important. I was happy to see him finally score again yesterday (Sunday).”SEASONALSTRUGGLEReno’s struggles appear to be seasonal, and yet again, the lack of inspiration, particularly up front, has returned to hurt them. It appears it will not get any better – at least in the short term – as it doesn’t appear they will secure the signature of Foster, the league’s top scorer last season.Foster left the club in the off-season for the United Soccer League’s Harrisburg City Islanders, and after a promising start to their season, in which he netted five goals in three matches – including a hat-trick – the centre forward was sidelined with a leg injury.A return to his boyhood club was seen as a light at the end of the tunnel for the management of FC Reno, who are mired in ninth place in the League table with 24 points, five more than the respective 11th- and 12th-placed Tivoli Gardens and Rivoli United, both of which currently occupy the relegation places.”We heard from a good source that Craig Foster may not, after all, rejoin the club as he is due to leave the country shortly,” Graham said.”We were hoping to pin him down in a new deal, but I cannot say what has really happened, except that that may not be happening as we had planned.”last_img read more

first_imgA meeting will take place tomorrow (Friday) in an attempt to find a solution to the right of way access issues at Castlegoland Beach in Portnoo.An action group was established this summer after an electric fence and barrier were placed at the traditional paths to the beach which run through the Narin and Portnoo Golf Club.Locals are campaigning to restore the paths which they say had been open for at least 100 years. Knather Acquisitions, who took over the golf links last year, said that the barriers were erected on health and safety grounds.Save Our Beach At Castlegoland campaigners had scheduled another protest walk this Saturday, but this event has been postponed pending a meeting between the golf club owner and Donegal County Council this Friday.It is understood that Donegal County Council representatives and local councillors will meet with Donegal-born businessman Liam McDevitt, owner of Knather Acquisitions and the golf club, to seek a solution to the current issues.The Save Our Beach group has agreed to cancel their protest this Saturday to avoid “escalating a delicate position” as they hope for an amicable agreement to be reached. Meeting arranged to find solution to beach access issue was last modified: August 29th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:castlegolandlast_img read more