first_img Press Association West Ham striker Andy Carroll admits England’s qualification for next year’s World Cup is a big motivation to return to full fitness. The former Newcastle and Liverpool frontman is out for an indefinite period of time because of a heel injury, with the Hammers keen on not rushing their £15million summer signing back into action. Carroll’s primary focus is to repay the faith that the London club have shown in him when he does return up front and hopes that will be enough to earn international recognition. center_img England qualified for Brazil 2014 earlier this week by beating Poland to finish top of Group H. “The lads did a great job and it’s brilliant that England will be in Brazil,” he said in the Daily Mail. “It also gives me something to aim at and, once I get back playing, I might have a chance of breaking back into the squad. “The first objective, of course, is to get back playing well for West Ham. I want to do that because they’ve been so supportive but if England follows, that would be good, too.” last_img read more

first_imgWIVES and family members of Pakistan’s players at the World Cup will not be permitted to stay with them for the duration of the tournament in England. According to a new Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) policy, any cricketer’s family members who wish to travel along with the player will have to make their own arrangements throughout the event.ESPNcricinfo understands that the decision is intended to keep players focussed on the task at hand, without the distraction of families around them. Only Haris Sohail has been allowed special dispensation on personal grounds.The players’ wives and families were allowed to stay with them during the bilateral series against England, but the team manager has since informed the players about the new policy.This is a departure from standard operating procedure (SOP). Previously, Pakistan’s players insisted on having their wives during series abroad, and they were allowed to share hotel rooms.Pakistan are set to begin their campaign against West Indies in Nottingham on May 31 to kick off a World Cup that will see them play nine games across seven venues before the semi-finals.last_img read more

first_imgSpeaking in an interview with Chelsea FC’s website, Moses insisted he was not looking to leave the club, but embrace the Italian’s methods.“We’re looking forward to it. Obviously, we have a new manager now, he’s got a new philosophy and we’re looking good in training. We just want to work hard together as a team and make sure we understand what he wants from us and do the best we can this season. Chelsea is a big club. It’s a club with a great history, we’ve won loads of big trophies, and we always want to do that. With the players we’ve got and ability that we’ve got, we just want to keep on working hard together to make the club great and keep doing well,” he said.As part of measures to establish himself in Stamford Bridge the 27-year-old quitted international football to concentrate on his club career but the objective seems to be defeated as he is finding regular playing time difficult under Chelsea Sarri.“I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career,” Moses had said while announcing his retirement from the national team.Under former manager, Antonio Conte, Moses was a key player – fitting in at right wingback in his three-at-the-back system. However, Sarri has switched the formation to 4-3-3 with Eden Hazard and Willian as his first-choice wingers.The former Crystal Palace star has indicated that he was looking to leave in January because of the lack of game-time. And he recently admitted he was thinking of departing the club where he came up through the academy.He said: “Right now, it’s not a good season for me, but I have to find some way to get back on.How? I do not know, but it’s up to me to figure that out. But right now it looks hard. We have good results and we play super football, which only makes it harder.”UK’s Daily Star, however, reported that Moses may end up on loan at Old Trafford with Manchester United in the January transfer window.The newspaper hinted that Moses, Eintracht Frankfurt’s Croatia star Ante Rebic and AS Roma’s Cengiz Under were on the radar of Jose Mourinho as possible players to lift Manchester United’s game from its poor state.Mourinho who was Moses’ coach at Chelsea is believed to be in the hunt for a new striker, as both Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford have not been convincing this season with only five goals between the pair in 24 competitive games. Moses is believed could fit into United’s game with his pacey play.Before Conte’s arrival, Moses had not played a league game for Chelsea for more than three years but he became a key role in the former Juventus Manager’s 3-4-3 system, which was a huge turnaround for a player who, partly because of injury, started only 38 league games in the past three seasons, completing 90 minutes just 12 times.“I played as a wing-back a lot during my career, particularly when I was younger in the mid-to-late 1990s when that system was least popular in the Premier League. I used to enjoy it because, like Moses, it suited my game. Like him, I was more of an attacker than a defender and wing-backs have the freedom to get forward when they want.“You have to be disciplined defensively and decide when to join the attack or hold back, but you have the freedom of the touchline and the ability to impose yourself on the game far more than you can as a normal winger. By timing your runs, you can come from deep with a head of steam and burst into great positions – the sort of thing that Moses was doing when he used his power and pace to great effect,” Conte had said.Moses admitted that he always hoped to play regularly for a big club like the Blues, but struggled to make an impact on the first team at Stamford Bridge until Conte arrived and his 3-4-3 formation has brought the best out of the 27-year-old.“I’ve always wanted to play for this big club, it’s one of the best clubs in the world at the moment and I’m enjoying every single minute. I just want to keep on working hard and helping my teammates out,” he told Chelsea’s official website.”The arrival of another Italian at Chelsea in the summer had to change the narratives and Moses has now fallen behind in the pecking order.With his future hanging in the balance, Moses may have to renege on his decision to quit international football as he would be needing the national team as a launch-pad in his search for a new high profile club in the mold of Chelsea.Moses shocked soccer loving Nigerians in early August as he announced his retirement from international football after playing 37 matches and scoring 12 goals for Nigeria.He made it known on his social media account that he will play no part wearing the green and white colours of Nigeria after he joined the national team in 2012 since switching allegiance from England to Nigeria.“I would like to announce that after much thought I have made the decision to retire from playing international football. I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime. Nothing will ever compete to what it felt like to represent Nigeria on behalf of our country.“I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career,” Moses had said while announcing his retirement from the national team.“However, I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career and my young family as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagles stars the opportunity to step up and to flourish,” he said.Though many clubs have been touted to be ready to sign-on Moses, a return to Blackburn-where he started seems most obvious.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Victor Moses another loan spell looms With Mauricio Sarri having stated clearly that Victor Moses has no place in his team and Chelsea having placed a £12m price tag on him, the Nigerian may be heading to where he started-Blackburn, writes Kunle AdewaleVictor Moses dream of playing a key role at Chelsea under Italian Manager, Mauricio Sarri, may have hit the rock after the Blues have made it clear to the Nigerian that he has no place in the team and have placed a 12 million pounds tag on him.The Italian Manager has admitted that the Nigerian star has no place in his squad. Sarri insists he does not know where the 27-year-old winger will fit in his current Blues squad.Moses has only made two Premier League appearances and played just six times this season in all competitions under Sarri and hopeful of ending his Chelsea nightmare in January with former club Crystal Palace interested in signing him.Chelsea have told Moses he can leave the club in January as long as they get a £12million fee for their forgotten man. The former title winner has struggled to establish himself in Sarri’s plans and is now on the lookout for an escape route when the transfer window opens in January.Before the start of the season Moses had said he was looking forward to a successful season under Sarri, despite the cloud of uncertainty in securing a starting shirt under the new Chelsea manager.last_img read more

first_img Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 SBC Events has encouraged all companies planning to get involved in Betting on Sports 2017 (12-15 September) to do so quickly, or risk missing out on the sports betting event of the year.Demand for tickets and accommodation for the conference, which has moved to Olympia Conference Centre this year, has been so high that the official event hotel – the Hilton London Olympia – has already sold out. The show floor is also reaching capacity with over 90% of the exhibition space already taken.With fewer than two months to go until the start of #boscon2017, SBC Events has managed to secure additional, discounted rooms at the nearby luxury K-West Hotel, but these are also selling fast.`Also reaching capacity is the conference agenda, which includes 42 sessions and will encapsulate 150 leading speakers across eight conference tracks.Key speakers include Pinnacle CEO Paris Smith, British Horseracing Authority CEO Nick Rust, Danske Spil Head of Sportsbook Jens Nielsen, XL Media CEO Ory Weihs, Better Collective CEO Jesper Soegaard, Unikrn CEO Rahul Sood, Ladbrokes Coral Director of Player Protection Graham Weir, Mybet CEO Markus Peuler, BetBright CEO Marcus Brennan, Betstars Managing Director Zeno Ossko, Superbets’ Jamie Hart and Matchbook CEO Mark Brosnan.With over 1,200 senior executives attending, combined with room for more than 50 exhibitors in 1,768 sqm of exhibition space, Betting on Sports 2017 is a must-attend event for the entire sports betting sector.Mr Green and SBTech were recently unveiled as two of 22 first-time exhibitors for #boscon2017, alongside Erlang Solutions, Matchbook Trading Conference, Trustly, eMerchantPay, OtherLevels, OddsRing, LeonBets, Secure Trading Group, EvenBet Gaming, Finnplay, Tal Ron Drihem, AlgoSport, Abios Gaming, 1xbet, Crown Technologies, Wiraya, Setanta Sports, Spottocash, GameCo and Millennial Esports.However, there is still an opportunity for operators, suppliers, affiliates, sports clubs, regulators, payment providers and media companies to acquire exhibition space at a venue which was subjected to a £30 million redevelopment and rebranding just four years ago.As well as a handful of spaces alongside these companies, there are still packages available for the networking party on Thursday 14 September at Roman Abramovich’s favourite London nightclub, Under the Bridge. Sponsorship for the first official networking party on Wednesday 13 September, held at the spectacular Altitude 360, has already been snapped up by HiPay.NOTE: There is a 25% discount on Betting on Sports 2017 tickets if you order 3 or moreClick here to find information about hotels for the event UK Racing pushes for drastic levy reforms as deep recession looms August 25, 2020 Share Share Related Articles StumbleUpon Submit Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020last_img