first_imgThe Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday shunted out the District Magistrate and the Superintendent of Police of Sonbhadra, besides ordering action against 13 other officials after they were indicted in an inquiry into the killing of 10 Gond tribals last month over a land dispute.‘FIRs against guilty’ Addressing a press conference at his residence, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said FIRs will be registered against several police and administration officials for alleged irregularities and members of the Adarsh Krishi Sahkari Samiti, Umbha, on charges of land grabbing. The disputed land in Umbha and Saphi villages will also be transferred back and registered in the name of the gram sabha, he said, while announcing that a Special Investigation Team will look into the matter. Mr. Adityanath said departmental proceedings have been initiated against Sonbhadra District Magistrate Ankit Kumar Agrawal and Superintendent of Police Salman Taj Patil for taking “one-sided decision” against the villagers. Directives have been issued to attach Mr. Agrawal and Mr. Patil to the Personnel Department and the DGP Headquarters, respectively, he said. S. Ramalingam has been made the new District Magistrate of Sonbhadra, while Prabhakar Chaudhary is the new Superintendent of Police, officials said. “The entire matter will be probed by an SIT. The SIT will be headed by DIG SIT J. Ravindra Gaud and will have Additional SP Amrita Mishra along with three inspectors. DG SIT R.P. Singh will be monitoring the work of the SIT,” the Chief Minister said. He said another team will be set up under Additional Chief Secretary (Revenue) Renuka Kumar to look into the issue of land grabbing by “fake” societies in the last 60-70 years in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra.‘No action on report’ “Fake societies in Sonbhadra and Mirzapur have grabbed more than one lakh acre of land. In 1972, the then Chief Minister Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna had constituted a probe committee under Mangaldev Visharad. However, no action was taken as a number of Congress leaders were involved,” Mr. Adityanath said.last_img read more

first_imgAnil KumbleFormer Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) captain Anil Kumble has announced his withdrawal from the auction of players for the upcoming DLF Indian Premier League (IPL), 2011.The legendary Indian leg-spinner cited business commitments, including his association with cricket and wildlife in various capacities, as the reasons for the withdrawal. He said he wished to withdraw from the IPL-4 auction process, scheduled for January 8 and 9 in Bangalore.”I wish to withdraw from the players’ auction for IPL-IV scheduled for the 8th and 9th of January, 2011 in Bangalore. I have enjoyed my stint at the IPL so far and thank all concerned for the support extended,” Kumble said on Monday.The former Indian skipper was largely responsible for the RCB’s turn around in the IPL’s second and third season after a disappointing finish in the opening league.After being named captain in IPL 2009 season, Kumble led his team to the final of the Twenty-20 extravaganza. A year later, Kumble inspired his team to third position in the 2010 edition. Consequently, the team qualified for the Airtel Champions League Twenty-20 tournament twice under his leadership.Kumble took 45 wickets in the three editions of Indian Premier League to reaffirm his dominance even in the shortest version of the game.’I have to concentrate on the management part’Asked why he pulled out, Kumble said, “I have played this game for more than 20 years and there comes a time when you have to take a stand about the future. My association with Karnataka cricket, as the chairman of NCA and also my business to run… I am also involved in wildlife.”advertisement”I have decided to concentrate on the management part of it (RCB team). I leave the actual playing. I will still be involved with RCB in a leadership role. Hopefully what I was not able to achieve as a player, I would be able to achieve in the IPL in the years to come,” he added.On how senior players were not retained by various IPL franchisees Kumble said, “I am not angry, but you will be angered when you do not retain players… but as such not angry. There must be some reason, but that’s not why I pulled out of IPL. In my career I don’t need any uncertainty and I am sure what I want to achieve.”Kumble dons mentor mantle for RCBMeanwhile, RCB issued a statement on Kumble’s new role in the team. “After playing a brilliant innings in season 2 and season 3 of the IPL, Royal Challengers are now game for more challenges this season with the legendary cricketer, Anil Kumble, as their chief mentor. Anil will work closely with the Royal Challengers team owner, Dr Vijay Mallya,” the statement said.The statement quoted Mallya as saying, “Anil’s leadership, both on-field and off-field augured well for the Royal Challengers in the last two seasons of the IPL as well as the Champions League. I sincerely believe Anil’s presence in the RCB leadership team will provide a fresh dimension and perspective to our IPL strategy in the medium and long term.”last_img read more

first_imgPrimera División Seedorf to leave relegated Deportivo Jamie Smith 02:30 5/23/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Clarence Seedorf Getty Images Primera División Deportivo La Coruña Real Sociedad v Deportivo La Coruña The former AC Milan player and coach is leaving the Riazor after the club were relegated from Spain’s top flight Deportivo La Coruna have confirmed Clarence Seedorf will leave following the club’s relegation from La Liga.Seedorf was appointed in February but the former Netherlands international only led the team to two league victories during his time in charge.Deportivo announced on Tuesday that the 42-year-old’s contract, which expires at the end of June, will not be renewed. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Goalkeeper crisis! Walker to the rescue but City sweating on Ederson injury ahead of Liverpool clash Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now “It has been an honour to defend the colours of a historic club like Deportivo,” Seedorf said.”And I thank the president and all the professional team of Depor for their work and availability during these months.”Seedorf has also had brief, unsuccessful spells in charge of former club AC Milan and Chinese side Shenzhen.last_img read more