first_imgThe TENAA site also included a phone carrying a model number M2007J17C that could be the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G. The phone is said to have a 6.67-inch full-HD+ display and powered by Snapdragon 750G SoC, along with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB of onboard storage. It also surfaced with a 108-megapixel primary sensor and a 4,720mAh battery.Is Redmi Note 9 the perfect successor to Redmi Note 8? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. – Advertisement – Redmi Note 9 series may get new models on November 11 celebrated as Singles’ Day in China, Xiaomi Vice President and General Manager of the Redmi brand Lu Weibing suggested through a teaser posted on Weibo on Monday. The Redmi Note 9 5G and Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G are expected to be among the new models in the Redmi Note 9 series. Both phones purportedly surfaced on TENAA last week. The rumour mill claimed that Xiaomi could launch as many as three new models in the Redmi Note 9 series, with one of which may feature a 108-megapixel primary camera sensor.The teaser posted by Weibing doesn’t provide any clear details about the new models arriving in the Redmi Note 9 series. However, it does mention that the official announcement could take place on Singles’ Day on November 11.- Advertisement –center_img If we look at past reports, the Redmi Note 9 series is tipped to be getting three new models, with one featuring Samsung’s ISOCELL HM2 sensor that has 108-megapixel resolution. The new models are likely to be different from the existing ones in the series that so far has the standard Redmi Note 9, along with the Redmi Note 9 Pro and the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. The changes may include a 120Hz display along with AdaptiveSync support, at least in the top-end model.China’s TENAA also recently suggested the key specifications of the new models in the Redmi Note 9 series. It was speculated to have detailed the Redmi Note 9 5G and Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G that were previously rumoured as the Redmi Note 9 Standard Edition and Redmi Note 9 High Edition, respectively.Redmi Note 9 5G specifications (expected)The Redmi Note 9 5G purportedly surfaced on TENAA with model number M2007J22C. The phone is said to have a 6.53-inch full-HD+ IPS display, MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC, up to 8GB RAM, and up to 256GB of onboard storage. The listing also suggested triple rear cameras, with a 48-megapixel primary sensor, and a 4,900mAh battery.Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G specifications (expected)- Advertisement –last_img read more

first_img Press Association Sport understands that legal papers will be served on Mourinho this week as part of separate but connected claims against him and against the club. It means the Portuguese manager will have to appear in person at an employment tribunal unless the case is settled out of court beforehand. Under employment law, an individual can be personally liable for damages if victimisation or discrimination can be proved. Jose Mourinho is to be the subject of an individual legal claim from former Chelsea team doctor Eva Carneiro in addition to the action she is bringing against the club for constructive dismissal. Press Associationcenter_img The claim against Mourinho will be on the basis that he was instrumental in the actions against Carneiro in having her dropped from first-team duties and effectively demoted. The Employment Tribunal central office has been formally notified of both the claims, and Mourinho and Chelsea have 28 days to respond once legal papers have been received. If the cases were to end up in court, they would be likely to be heard early next year. The latest development will heap even more pressure on the 52-year-old who has seen his side lose six out of 11 matches in the Premier League so far to leave the reigning champions in 15th spot in the table. He was given a one-match stadium ban and £40,000 fine by the Football Association on Monday after admitting a misconduct charge for his behaviour towards match officials at half-time during Chelsea’s defeat by West Ham last month. Carneiro’s case against Mourinho personally would continue even if he were to leave Chelsea. The controversy over Carneiro goes back to August 8, the opening day of the season, when Mourinho criticised her and head physio Jon Fearn for going on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard after being called on by referee Michael Oliver. The action meant that Chelsea were temporarily down to nine men against Swansea, and afterwards Mourinho called Carneiro and Fearn “impulsive and naive”. Carneiro did not appear on the bench again for first-team duties and is now seeking a claim for constructive dismissal after parting company with the club. The doctor’s lawyers said neither she nor they could comment as the case is sub judice. Chelsea did not respond when asked if they wished to comment. Mourinho was cleared of using discriminatory language towards her following an investigation by the FA, which caused further controversy after Carneiro revealed she had not been spoken to personally during the investigation, nor asked to provide any statement. The FA’s chief executive Martin Glenn and head of governance Darren Bailey are to be quizzed about the handling of the case by the governing body’s Inclusion Advisory Board later this month. The IAB’s chair Heather Rabbatts is under investigation by the FA following her comments criticising officials for not speaking to Carneiro in person during the Mourinho investigation. It has been reported that Sky Bet Championship club Charlton could be preparing an offer to Carneiro to work for them, but no one at the club has yet been available for comment. last_img read more

first_imgThe league also announced it had disciplined all three referees in that game for misapplying the coach’s challenge rule. The officating crew denied Mike D’Antoni’s challenge because the 30-second time limit from the start of the timeout had ended, but that limit is only enforced following a mandatory timeout or timeout called by the opposing team.Since the Rockets called for a timeout, the challenge request should have been granted.”As a follow-up to the NBA’s investigation of this matter, the NBA will work with the competition committee to develop additional procedures to help prevent the situation with Harden’s made basket from occurring again,” the league’s statement said. The referees admitted James Harden’s dunk should have counted in Houston’s loss to the Spurs on Dec. 3. The NBA admitted the officiating crew didn’t follow the proper procedure for a coach’s challenge. Everyone knew the basket should have been allowed.But none of that matters now because the final result isn’t changing. The NBA announced Monday that it has denied the Rockets’ protest of the game following a full investigation. MORE: What can NBA coaches challenge during games?In a statement released by the league, commissioner Adam Silver agreed the referees misapplied the rules on the play, which happened with less than eight minutes remaining in the fourth quarter and Houston leading by 13 points. The Spurs mounted a comeback to tie the Rockets before the end of regulation, ultimately defeating Houston in a double-overtime thriller by a final score of 135-133. In the Rockets’ eyes, those missing two points cost them a win.So why didn’t Silver side with the Rockets? Because they blew all of their chances to close it out after that call, essentially.”Commissioner Silver determined that the Rockets had sufficient time to overcome the error during the remainder of the fourth quarter and two subsequent overtime periods and thus the extraordinary remedy of granting a game protest was not warranted,” the NBA’s statement said.last_img read more

first_imgMavericks star Luka Doncic will miss at least the next six games, head coach Rick Carlisle said Friday.The MVP candidate suffered a right ankle sprain in practice Thursday and was ruled out of the team’s game Friday against the Rockets. ALL-STAR GAME: Doncic voted West starterThe Mavs (29-18) are fifth in the Western Conference. Their next six opponents are the Rockets, Hawks, Pacers, Grizzlies, Wizards and Hornets. Dallas will then face the Jazz on Feb. 10.Doncic is averaging 28.8 points, 9.5 rebounds and 8.7 assists in his second NBA season. The 20-year-old forward sprained the same ankle in December, missing four games at that time. Carlisle was unable to offer an immediate estimate for his return this time, but did say later on his radio show for Dallas station KESN that Doncic will “miss the next six games, for sure.”last_img read more