first_imgAs urged by NAFCU, NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz has told association President and CEO Dan Berger the agency will be examining credit unions for reasonable, good faith efforts to comply with CFPB’s Truth in Lending Act/Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act rules as of Aug. 1.Berger, writing earlier this month about the looming compliance deadline, recalled the agency considered credit unions’ “good faith efforts toward substantial compliance” in the early days of CFPB’s ability-to-repay, qualified mortgage and mortgage servicing rules in 2014.Matz replied that is what NCUA will do this time around as well. To that, Berger noted thanks. “We appreciate Chairman Matz’s leadership and NCUA staff’s efforts to ensure as smooth a transition for credit unions as possible to the new TILA/RESPA requirements.”“NCUA examiners will be looking for reasonable and good faith efforts by credit unions toward substantial compliance with the new rule as of the effective date,” the NCUA chairman wrote. “NCUA recognizes that some credit unions may need time to perform conclusive system testing and work with their technology vendors to resolve any remaining issues that may occur from extensive testing and use, once their new TILA/RESPA mortgage disclosure systems become fully operational on August 1. continue reading » 3SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

first_img Related Articles Share Submit StumbleUpon TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Ray Wilson, AMLGS: Industry deserves praise for its reaction to a new normal July 23, 2020 Share Genesis to appeal UKGC’s ‘disproportionate suspension’ July 23, 2020 Industry marketing and affiliate software provider NetRefer has been recognised for its contribution to Malta enterprise and innovation at the ‘2017 Malta Best Entrepreneur Awards’.    Hosted at the Rabat Verdala Palace, NetRefer won three award prizes; ‘Best Technology Entrepreneur’, ‘Best Innovation in Research’ and the most prestigious award of the evening; ‘The Overall Best Entrepreneur of the Year’.Event organisers and judges recognised NetRefer’s Founder and CEO Raphael Arnold for his ongoing contribution to Malta’s start-up and tech community.Arnold was deemed a key island technology stakeholder for bringing and developing affiliate marketing services and provisions in Malta. Having founded his company in 2006, Arnold has grown NetRefer into one of the leading marketing and player acquisitions software within the online gambling/betting sector.Commenting on the recognition Raphael Arnold stated “These awards would mean nothing if not for the great team behind them, these accolades for NetRefer are viewed as recognition for the outstanding service we provide to our clients daily. My team and I would like to thank the organisers of this prestigious event and we would like to congratulate all winners at the gala for the continuous hard work they provide to their respected industries. All those involved are a credit to Malta and we wish them every success for the future,”last_img read more

first_imgCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceSANTA CLARA — As mistake-prone as the 49ers pass defense is, the Los Angeles Rams don’t have to prey on it Sunday, not when they boast the league’s leading running back in Todd Gurley.“It wasn’t a coincidence he was the NFL MVP last year, and so far he’s on his way to winning that again,” coach Kyle Shanahan said of Gurley, who actually won the AP Offensive Player of the Year award while Tom Brady captured MVP honors. …last_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The ongoing escalation of the trade war between the U.S. and China is threatening the livelihood of Ohio soybean farmers. Since tariffs were put in place last year, soybean prices have dropped 20 to 25%. The Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) has been fighting against the use of tariffs from the beginning because farmers want to be able to compete in a free market. When they do, they thrive.“This is simply unacceptable,” said Scott Metzger, OSA president and Ross County soybean farmer. “We understand the reasons for bringing China to the negotiating table to address technology transfer and intellectual property issues. However, there are other tactics that can be used to accomplish that without harming farmers and our rural economies.”On May 10, the U.S. increased tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods, from 10 to 25%. It is also taking steps for an additional 25% tariff on the remaining $325 billion in annual imports from China. China recently announced its plans to retaliate.“Farmers have been patient and supportive,” said Ryan Rhoades, OSA vice president and farmer from Marion County. “That patience is wearing very thin. These are not hypothetical losses we’re talking about, this is real. This is our livelihood and how we support our families, and the ripple effect is going to touch all of rural America.”OSA and its national affiliate, the American Soybean Association (ASA), continue to support the Administration’s overall goal of negotiating with China to achieve structural changes to the way it conducts trade business. OSA and ASA cannot support the use of tariffs as a tactic to achieve that goal.“We ask the Administration to end this back and forth escalation of tariffs and pursue other options,” Metzger said. “Farmers and the rural economy are not winning right now.”last_img read more

first_imgPUC also pleasedFollowing Wilson’s ruling in district court, the PUC released a statement of its own, pointing out that the decision “confirmed that the Commission acted lawfully and that the decision to protect non-[net -metered] customers from unreasonable cost-shifts was based on substantial evidence.”The only part of the PUC’s December order that was vacated applied to existing net-metered customers, the commission said, “for whom the court found that the commission did not provide sufficient notice.”The court decision did not overrule the PUC’s conclusion that net-metering would unfairly shift $16 million in costs from solar to non-solar customers, Utility Dive reported. The argument that non-solar customers subsidize those who can afford solar panels is a common refrain by utilities in net-metering cases. Some studies, however, have found that utilities understate the value of distributed solar energy. Retail Net Metering Will End in NevadaNet-Metering Survives California TestNet-Metering Is Preserved in KansasMajor Utility Wants Lower Net-Metering RatesWisconsin Alters Net-Metering RulesResidential Solar in Nevada Benefits All, Study SaysMaine Completes Value of Solar Study RELATED ARTICLES Regulators had approved a proposal from NV Energy late last December to triple monthly service charges for solar customers, from $12.75 to $38.51, while reducing the reimbursement rate for excess solar electricity from the retail to the wholesale rate of 2.6 cents per kilowatt hour over a period of four years. But the plan lacked a grandfather clause protecting customers who already had installed solar panels, and both customers and installers were livid. SolarCity and other installers said that they would no longer do business in Nevada, and a group of solar customers filed a class action lawsuit to block the plan.The case in which Wilson ruled last week was filed against the PUC of Nevada by Vote Solar, a solar advocacy group.“This court decision is a win for existing solar customers, although there’s still plenty of work left to be done to bring solar choice and solar jobs back to Nevada,” Jessica Scott of Vote Solar said in a statement posted at the group’s web site. “The court rightly ruled that the PUCN unfairly changed the rules of the game on existing solar customers without due notice. We believe we had a strong legal case for reversing the decision for future solar customers as well and would have appreciated the opportunity to better make that case through oral arguments, which we were not allowed in this case.”center_img Homeowners in Nevada with photovoltaic (PV) systems got some welcome news last week in the form of a unanimous decision by utility regulators allowing them to keep full retail net-metering reimbursements for the next 20 years.The settlement, worked out by the utility NV Energy, the staff of the state’s Public Utilities Commission, solar installer SolarCity, and the state’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, reverses a controversial decision late last year that boosted fixed charges and lowered reimbursement rates for homeowners with PV systems. The settlement deal was approved by the PUC last Friday. It will affect 32,000 solar customers in the state, according to an article posted at Utility Dive.The announcement followed by less than a week a ruling by District Court Judge James Wilson throwing out the PUC’s rate plan for customers who own PV systems. Judge Wilson ruled that the rate plan was a “denial of fairness and due process through inadequate notice.”However, Wilson also found that the changes to net-metering and fixed service charges for new solar-equipped customers were neither arbitrary nor capricious and did not violate the U.S. Constitution. And the settlement approved last week affirms those terms. Deal ends a period of uncertaintyIt’s been a wild year for owners of PV systems in Nevada. After the PUC decision in December, Governor Brian Sandoval created a task force representing the solar industry, regulators, and environmentalists to examine net-metering issues. Then, in July, Sandoval announced he would not reappoint PUC Commissioner David Noble, the regulator who had written the net-metering decision. As Utility Dive reported, Sandoval said that he wanted a “new direction” for the PUC.The decision paid off for the solar industry. Existing solar customers got their rates back, prompting a warm endorsement from the Solar Energy Industries Association.“We thank Governor Sandoval for his leadership and support and appreciate the steps taken by the PUCN to stabilize solar policy,” the SEIA said. “We now must put policies in place that support new solar customers in Nevada so that solar jobs can once again increase, and the robust economic activity associated with solar development can resume.”The agreement, however, doesn’t directly address whether the solar customers who have been paying higher rates, and getting lower reimbursements for excess power, will be reimbursed. And, as SolarCity pointed out, the deal still leaves some solar customers in a separate rate class, with new solar households paying the higher fixed charges and getting lower reimbursements.“The Public Utilities Commission’s decision to grandfather existing solar customers is an important step forward for Nevada, to protect the investments thousands of Nevadans have made in our clean energy economy, and affirms that grandfathering should be the law of the land,” Jon Wellinghoff, SolarCity’s chief policy officer said in a written statement.SolarCity said that the agreement will grandfather all state residents who had applied to install solar panels by the end of 2015. That includes thousands of people who have yet to install their solar systems, and can now move ahead with their plans.SolarCity Deputy Director Chandler Sherman said in an email last week, “Unfortunately, the rules still in place for the rest of Nevada make rooftop solar unaffordable for anyone who wishes to go solar in the future. Solar applications have fallen 99% since the decision (only 176 people have applied to go solar in the past seven months under the current net metering policies, down from about 1,400 per month before the PUC decision), which is not enough customers to sustain the once-booming solar industry. SolarCity cannot restart operations until the state sets solar policies that work for consumers.”last_img read more

first_imgJamshedpur, May 8 (PTI) Following the success of IPL, ISL and IBL, a professional rollball league for both men and women will begin in Mumbai next month, to give this discipline a professional shape in the country. Rollball Federation of India would launch “Maha Rollball League” from June 3 at Andheri Sports Complex, the Federations vice-president Manoj Yadav said here today. India have won Rollball World Cup three times in the mens section and twice in the womens section. Rollball players wear skates and their main objective is to score maximum goals with their hands. Each team consists of 12 players – 6 on the field and as many in reserve. In the league, Yadav said, eight teams in the mens section and six teams in the womens section would vie for top honours during the three-day event. The aim was to give this game a professional shape in the country, Yadav said. The teams would be owned by stars of Marathi film industry and other renowned personalities, he said adding that owners of six teams have already been decided. However, he refused to disclose their names. “The federation is making efforts to rope in big sports personalities like cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli to own teams,” said Yadav, an executive committee member of Asian Rollball Federation. Registration of players for the event have already started and auction of the players will take place later this month. Maha Rollball league would be organised ahead of the first World Rollball league, which was under consideration of the world body, he added. Apart from the Maha-league, the maiden Federation Cup championship will be organised by its Punjab unit in June. PTI BS NN ATKadvertisementlast_img read more

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Benitez now free to walk out of Newcastleby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveRafa Benitez could walk out of Newcastle United today.The Mirror says the only thing keeping manager Benitez from walking out before now has been the £6million he would have had to pay to his sportswear tycoon boss for breaking his contract.But that clause has now expired, and Benitez can quit St James’ Park for nothing.However, he recognises any movement in the manager’s chair could end in relegation disaster.Even though he is putting his managerial head on the block by staying put, he doesn’t want to turn his back on the Geordie fans. last_img read more

first_imgAston Villa goalkeeper Tom Heaton: Embrace top 2 testby Paul Vegasa day agoSend to a friendShare the loveAston Villa goalkeeper Tom Heaton says they must embrace their upcoming two games.Villa travel to reigning champions Manchester City on Saturday before hosting current leaders Liverpool the following weekend.Goalkeeper Heaton said: “They are widely regarded as the two best teams in the league and we are playing them back-to-back – that is what the Premier League is all about.“There is no fear or worry there. It is just a hunger to go and embrace the games, to go and put our stamp on them and try and get the wins.“Of course, it is going to be tough. We know how much quality they gave got. They are both great sides.“But we have a lot of quality here. These are the kind of teams you want to go up against. We have seen already this season it can be done. We just want to make sure we give ourselves the best chance.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgLOS ANGELES, CA – OCTOBER 19: Katy Perry attends the Los Angeles opening night performance of ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ at Ahmanson Theatre on October 19, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Rachel Luna/Getty Images)Last year, pop superstar Katy Perry joined ESPN’s College GameDay and, among other things, joked that LSU fans smell like corndogs. Saturday, she doubled down on trolling the Tigers and their fans.Perry apparently found the time to record an intro for Ole Miss today as they took on LSU in Oxford. Perry got the “Hotty Toddy” chant started and then chowed down on a corndog. Here’s video – it’s amazing.Katy Perry pumping up Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. #OleMiss vs #LSU pic.twitter.com/TDveqQgEBt— Scott Satchfield (@Satchfield) November 21, [email protected] is the greatest!! @OleMissFB pic.twitter.com/O0gnrEifJy— OleMissPix (@OleMissPix) November 21, 2015Katy Perry and Ole Miss – apparently a match made in heaven.last_img read more

first_imgOTTAWA — In the end, there won’t be a battle between two well-known sovereigntist clans for the Bloc Quebecois nomination in the Montreal riding of Ahuntsic-Cartierville.Members of the Duceppe and Parizeau extended families were set to duke it out for a chance to run in the riding currently held by Liberal cabinet minister Melanie Joly.But Anne Duceppe, cousin of former Bloc leader Gilles Duceppe, didn’t submit her paperwork before the deadline Thursday.That means Andre Parizeau, the nephew of former Quebec premier Jacques Parizeau, will be acclaimed on Aug. 17.In an interview, Parizeau responded to critics who have criticized him for leading the Communist Party of Quebec for more than two decades, saying he’s a very moderate person and everyone he has worked with knows he’s a unifying force.This week, Bloc Quebecois leader Yves-Francois Blanchet said he was comfortable with Parizeau’s past.The Canadian Presslast_img read more