first_img1 Former Arsenal man Serge Gnabry Hoffenheim have completed the signing of former Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry from Werder Bremen.As talkSPORT told you in April, the Bundesliga club were in talks about a deal for the 21-year-old, who left Arsenal in a £5m deal last August.And now, according to Sport Bild, Hoffenheim have agreed the terms on a permanent transfer which will be officially confirmed in the next few days.The Germany international impressed during his first season back in the country, scoring 11 goals in 27 Bundesliga outings.That form had even led to links with Bayern Munich but it appears that Hoffenheim have won the race to sign him.last_img read more

first_imgA meeting will take place tomorrow (Friday) in an attempt to find a solution to the right of way access issues at Castlegoland Beach in Portnoo.An action group was established this summer after an electric fence and barrier were placed at the traditional paths to the beach which run through the Narin and Portnoo Golf Club.Locals are campaigning to restore the paths which they say had been open for at least 100 years. Knather Acquisitions, who took over the golf links last year, said that the barriers were erected on health and safety grounds.Save Our Beach At Castlegoland campaigners had scheduled another protest walk this Saturday, but this event has been postponed pending a meeting between the golf club owner and Donegal County Council this Friday.It is understood that Donegal County Council representatives and local councillors will meet with Donegal-born businessman Liam McDevitt, owner of Knather Acquisitions and the golf club, to seek a solution to the current issues.The Save Our Beach group has agreed to cancel their protest this Saturday to avoid “escalating a delicate position” as they hope for an amicable agreement to be reached. Meeting arranged to find solution to beach access issue was last modified: August 29th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:castlegolandlast_img read more

first_img‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes “He’s the kind of boxer who never backs down. He will just go after me and pressure me and I like that. I get more excited in fighting,” said Gaballo, who, along with lightweight prospect Romero Duno headline ESPN5’s fight card at Midas Hotel and Casino in Pasay City.The 28-year-old Nakamura (9-2-1, 7 KOs) is coming off a majority decision against Yougu Yu of China last December in China.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war “He’s also a good boxer because he’s already a champion in Asia,” Gaballo told INQUIRER.net in Filipino Wednesday.“I really think our fight will go 10 rounds because he’s a fighter that can really take a punch.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesDespite Gaballo’s forecast, he is still heavily tipped to extend his undefeated streak which stands at 20-0, with 17 knockouts.The 22-year-old Gaballo, who made mincemeat out of Tanzania’s Julias Kisarawe five months ago in Manila, reads Nakamura as a come forward boxer which has the Polomolok, South Cotabato native licking his chops. LATEST STORIES View comments US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes PBA: San Miguel ends slide, clobbers Blackwater SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town MOST READ WBA interim bantamweight champion Reymart Gaballo. Photo by Mark Giongco/INQUIRER.netThe last time WBA interim bantamweight champion Reymart Gaballo the fought, he demolished his opponent in just one round.Gaballo returns to the ring on Saturday against Yuya Nakamura of Japan and this time, the power-punching Filipino is sure his latest bout would last much longer than the previous one.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Keith Thurman gambling on himself to KO Manny Pacquiao in 1st round PLAY LIST 02:26Keith Thurman gambling on himself to KO Manny Pacquiao in 1st round01:58Pacquiao prepares for bout with ‘arrogant’ Keith Thurman02:11CJ Peralta assures fair decision on Marcos poll protest vs Robredo02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krausslast_img read more

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Benitez now free to walk out of Newcastleby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveRafa Benitez could walk out of Newcastle United today.The Mirror says the only thing keeping manager Benitez from walking out before now has been the £6million he would have had to pay to his sportswear tycoon boss for breaking his contract.But that clause has now expired, and Benitez can quit St James’ Park for nothing.However, he recognises any movement in the manager’s chair could end in relegation disaster.Even though he is putting his managerial head on the block by staying put, he doesn’t want to turn his back on the Geordie fans. last_img read more

first_imgTagsAustralia/Asia NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say ABC deal for A-League and W-League club competitionsby Ian Ferris21 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAustralian public-service broadcaster ABC has struck a two-year deal with Football Federation Australia (FFA) to provide free-to-air coverage of the A-League and W-League club competitions, as well as matches involving the men’s and women’s national teams, reports SportBusiness.It will mark the first time that ABC has broadcast the A-League, the top tier of the men’s club game in Australia. The deal also marks a return of ABC’s W-League coverage, with the broadcaster having served as the inaugural partner of the women’s competition from 2008 to 2017.Under the agreement announced by FFA and its pay-television rights holder Fox Sports, ABC will broadcast 29 live regular-season matches at 5pm on Saturdays during the 2019-20 campaign, with coverage to be shown on television and via the iview on-demand service.For the A-League 2020 Finals Series, ABC will provide delayed broadcasts of one elimination final, one semi-final and the grand final. It will also show 14 rounds of the 2019-20 W-League season and the entire W-League Finals Series live.Additionally, ABC will broadcast every men’s national team match which Fox Sports has rights to. The broadcaster will also show the women’s national team’s upcoming matches against Chile on November 9 and November 12, as well as next year’s Asian qualifiers for the women’s Olympic tournament.Fox Sports will continue to provide live coverage of all A-League, W-League and national team matches via Foxtel and Kayo Sports. last_img read more

first_imgLOS ANGELES, CA – OCTOBER 19: Katy Perry attends the Los Angeles opening night performance of ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ at Ahmanson Theatre on October 19, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Rachel Luna/Getty Images)Last year, pop superstar Katy Perry joined ESPN’s College GameDay and, among other things, joked that LSU fans smell like corndogs. Saturday, she doubled down on trolling the Tigers and their fans.Perry apparently found the time to record an intro for Ole Miss today as they took on LSU in Oxford. Perry got the “Hotty Toddy” chant started and then chowed down on a corndog. Here’s video – it’s amazing.Katy Perry pumping up Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. #OleMiss vs #LSU pic.twitter.com/TDveqQgEBt— Scott Satchfield (@Satchfield) November 21, [email protected] is the greatest!! @OleMissFB pic.twitter.com/O0gnrEifJy— OleMissPix (@OleMissPix) November 21, 2015Katy Perry and Ole Miss – apparently a match made in heaven.last_img read more

first_imgImage Courtesy: FincantieriSeabourn Ovation, the fifth ultra-luxury ship in the Seabourn fleet, has completed its final round of sea trials in the Mediterranean off the coast of Italy.The ship departed the Fincantieri shipyard on March 14 for four days at sea, where a team of officers and engineers tested the ship’s technical and mechanical systems. Now that the vessel has completed the trials, it will undergo final touches at the yard before being delivered on April 27, 2018.“We’re now weeks away from delivery, and I’m very pleased with the progress and preparedness of the ship now that sea trials are complete,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn.                                                                     Image Courtesy: SeabournSeabourn Ovation will begin her maiden season with an 11-day inaugural voyage departing May 5, 2018, from Venice, Italy, to Barcelona, Spain. The ship’s naming ceremony will take place on Friday, May 11, in Valletta, Malta.It will spend the majority of its maiden season cruising the waters of Northern Europe, offering a series of seven-day Baltic and Scandinavian sailings between Copenhagen and Stockholm.Seabourn Ovation builds on the line’s Odyssey-class ships and is a sister ship to Seabourn Encore, delivered by Fincantieri at the end of 2016.The ship features 40,350 gross tons, a length of 210 metres and a width of 28 metres. It has the capacity to reach a cruising speed of 18.6 knots and carry up to just 600 guests, based on double occupancy.last_img read more

first_imgMcDonald said he’s proud of the RCMP for their work, and thanked the public for the support in what proved to be a very difficult and dangerous investigation.Update: Daon Glasgow has been arrested without incident in Burnaby. Press conference at 10 am, 14355 57 Ave, Surrey.— Surrey RCMP (@SurreyRCMP) February 3, 2019The Serious Crimes Unit worked with the Lower Mainland Emergency Response Team, Lower Mainland Integrated Police Dog Service, Air 1 and Burnaby RCMP to make the arrest.Glasgow, 35, was previously found guilty of shooting and killing a man at a Surrey McDonalds in 2010. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison and banned from owning weapons for life.The Transit Officer who was shot, 27-year-old Cst. Josh Harms, has been released from the hospital since the incident.He was treated at Royal Columbian Hospital and went home late Wednesday evening.Interim Transit Police Chief Officer Barry Kross said on Sunday that Harms is at home recovering, and doing well.D/Chief Kross @TransitPolice provides an update on Cst Josh Harms who was shot on Jan 30th. Cst Harms is doing well and at home recovering. pic.twitter.com/mWx8ndCzOK— Surrey RCMP (@SurreyRCMP) February 3, 2019With files from Lauren Boothby, Denise Wong, Taran Parmar, Lasia Kretzel and Ash Kelly. SURREY (NEWS 1130) – Surrey RCMP have arrested Daon Glasgow, believed to be the man who shot and injured a Transit Police officer at the Scott Road SkyTrain station in Surrey at 4 pm on Jan. 30, 2019.Please share: video released of the suspect who shot a @TransitPolice officer earlier today. We are actively searching for him. Call 911 if you see him. pic.twitter.com/xZxM7g9zdD— Surrey RCMP (@SurreyRCMP) January 31, 2019In a press conference Sunday morning, Surrey RCMP said Glasgow was arrested at a fourplex in Burnaby at 5:30 am. No one was injured during the arrest.Police said all tenants were evacuated before they moved in, and three other people in the unit were detained but released a short time later.Assistant Commissioner Dwayne McDonald wouldn’t say what exactly tipped police off to Glasgow’s location, or the suspect’s relationship with those in the unit with him at the time of his arrest.Glasgow was arrested at a fourplex in Burnaby this morning. this was a very high risk case, all tenants were evacuated before the arrest. Three other people in the same unit were detained but released a short time later. Charges for the shooting haven’t been laid yet. @NEWS1130 pic.twitter.com/ussvUPSyh8— Taran Parmar (@Tarankparmar) February 3, 2019last_img read more

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The Fort St. John branch of 100 Women Who Care will be hearing pitches from local charities on Tuesday, one of which will get a donation of $10,000.The premise of the organization is simple: the 100+ women in attendance at meetings each donate $100, which is pooled and donated to a local charitable organization.Karin Carlson helped start the 100 Women Who Care chapter in the Energetic City in 2017. At the first meeting nearly one year ago, a group of 115 women donated $11,500 to the North Peace Ride for the Disabled.In the Spring, the 101 ladies in attendance donated $10,100 to the Fort St. John Firefighters Charitable Society.This time around, New Day in the Peace Ministries, the Fort St. John Literacy Society, and the Northern Dance Theatre Society were drawn randomly as the three charities that will be competing.The 100 Women will be hosting their third meeting at the Lido on September 11th, at 6:00 p.m. with presentations beginning at 7:00.last_img read more

first_imgNew Delhi: The central government has approved a five-fold increase in one-time incentive given to its employees who acquire higher degrees while serving in their departments, officials said Monday.The amount of incentive will be increased from a minimum of Rs 10,000 to a maximum of Rs 30,000 for acquiring higher qualifications like Ph.D, they said. The Personnel Ministry has amended a 20-year-old norm in this regard to increase the amount of incentives provided for the employees. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The government employees acquiring fresh higher qualifications after coming into service were granted incentive in the form of one-time lump-sum amount ranging from Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000. Now, it has been decided to increase the amount to a minimum of Rs 10,000 to a maximum of Rs 30,000, an order recently issued by the Personnel Ministry stated. While Rs 10,000 will be given for acquiring degree/diploma of duration of three years or less, Rs 15,000 will be given for acquiring degree/diploma having duration of more than three years, it said. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KA sum of Rs 20,000 will be given for earning post graduate degree/diploma with one year or less. Such qualification having duration of more than one year will get Rs 25,000 to the employees, the new order stated. A highest incentive of Rs 30,000 will be given to those getting Ph.D or equivalent, it stated. There are around 48.41 lakh central government employees. “No incentive shall be allowed for acquiring higher qualification purely on academic or literary subjects,” it clarified. The acquisition of the qualification should be directly related to the functions of the post held by him/her, or to the functions to be performed in the next higher post, the ministry said. “There should be direct nexus between the functions of the post and the qualification acquired and that it should contribute to the efficiency of the government servant,” it said. The incentive, however, shall not be admissible where the employee is sponsored by the government or he/she avails study leave for acquiring the qualification, the order stated. “The incentive would be given only for higher qualification acquired after induction into service,” it stated. Further, the incentive shall be limited to maximum two times in an employee’s career, with a minimum gap of two years between successive grants, the ministry said. According to Personnel Ministry’s order issued in April 1999, employees were entitled for a minimum of Rs 2,000 and maximum of Rs 10,000 for getting fresh qualifications. While Rs 2,000 was applicable incentive for “passing intermediate examination”, those earning post graduate degree of Ph.D were entitled for a maximum of Rs 10,000.last_img read more